A “First-Day Guide” is required if no one in your group has skied to the hut previously (not applicable for Teton Canyon). The guide will familiarize you with the route, hut operations and ski terrain, as well as assess current snow and avalanche conditions. Additional guides, porters and cooks are available for hire and additional equipment is available for rent. Please inquire.
The huts are outfitted with sleeping bunks and pads for eight people: two double bunks and four single bunks. We recommend six people in the yurt for the most comfortable experience, however the yurt is outfitted to accommodate eight. Sleeping bags at the hut may be rented (we’ll provide a clean liner).
A wood stove provides warmth and stainless steel boxes are used for melting snow for water on the wood stove. The kitchen is complete with pans, skillets, griddles, cups, bowls, plates and utensils. A filter and cone aid in achieving the coffee buzz. Two propane lanterns provide light though you should bring headlamps. There is a private sheltered pit toilet. We provide toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, bleach, soap and scrubbies.
Everyone in your party should be in good health and physical condition. Backcountry skiing is potentially hazardous and by renting our huts you acknowledge these risks and signify that each party member is prepared to endure the rigors of the winter environment.
Hut rental includes a CLEAN, well-supplied, comfortable yurt, all firewood, propane, quality cooking utensils, 3″ thick sleeping pads and high-test steel bunk beds. We take pride in having top-quality Pacific Yurts with windows and sky dome openers. Yurts are scrubbed clean EVERY season and cleaned weekly throughout the winter.
Our huts are for EXCLUSIVE USE. Your small, private group does not have to share the yurt or the terrain with others.
Weekends are Friday and Saturday night and are always sold together as a two-night package
$410/night plus 3% FS user fee for exclusive use for a group of up to 8 skiers
(approximately $52 per person per night based on 8 participants)
Weekend: Baldy Knoll and Plummer
$425/night plus 3%FS user fee for exclusive use for group of up to 8 skiers
(Approximately $55 PPPN based on 8)
$375/night plus 3% FS user fee for exclusive use for a group of up to 8 skiers
(Approximately $48 PPPN based on 8)
Weekday: Baldy Knoll and Plummer Yurt
$399/night plus 3% FS user fee for exclusive use for a group of up to 8 skiers
(Approximately $52 PPPN based on 8)
LOW SEASON RATES: March 27, 2018-April 15, 2018.
Weekend hut rental rates
$385/night + 3% FS user fee for entire yurt rental for a group of up to 8 persons
(Approximately $50 PPPN based on 8)
Weekday hut rental rates
$345/night + 3% FS user fee for entire yurt rental for a group of up to 8 persons
Approximately $45 PPPN based on 8
All rates are subject to a 3% Forest Service User fee.
NOTE: Our huts are rented by the night. When booking, please let us know how many nights not how many days. Thank you!
• $35/night for each additional person (max. 10 people)
• First-day Guide: $250/plus 3% forest service user fee
• Mountain Guide: $595/guide/day plus 3% forest service user fee for groups up to 4 people
• Porter $125/load (per load up to 45 lbs) plus 3% forest service user fee
A deposit of 50% is required to confirm your reservation. If the deposit is not received within two weeks of the date you made your reservation, we will open up your dates for rental to other interested parties. The balance is due one month prior to trip departure. Deposits are non-refundable but may be used as a credit toward another trip within the calendar year (calendar year 2016-2017) less a $50 cancellation fee. If you cancel your hut reservation after January 1, 2017 and we can not re-rent your dates, your deposit will be forfeited. You are responsible to know the number of nights for which you have rented the yurt. No refunds for early departures, snow conditions, avalanche hazard, getting lost, or failure to locate the yurt. Cancellations that occur within 30 days of departure date are subject to forfeiture of all monetary transactions.
Note: TBG does not guarantee the weather, snow conditions or your group’s attendance, but we will strive to make the best of it all if unforeseen situations arise.
• Everyone is required to read and sign a waiver of liability. Download Form (PDF)
• Weekends are always sold as a two-night package.
• Trip leader must bring proof of Level 1 Avalanche Education completion.
• Unguided trips provide their own food, drink, first aid & repair kits, maps, climbing skins, sleeping bags and avalanche safety equipment including transceiver, shovel and probe. The last 4 items can be rented from TBG with advanced notice.
• Make sure all in your party are familiar with the “Yurty Things to Do.”
• Please no dogs at the yurts due to sanitary reasons
• Make sure that you read the check-out sheet and complete your chores before you leave
• Please don’t leave your extra perishable food at the hut when you leave
• Chores must be completed and groups packed up by 11 am on the last day. Check in is after 11 am.
• Carry out all your trash, gear and trashed gear
• Please carpool – parking is limited at the trailheads
• Skiers need to respect and consider other forest users
• Sleeping bag (cached at hut) with clean liner: $10/ one night or $15/two nights
• Avalanche transceivers: $16.00/day
• Shovels: $7/day Probes: $7/day