We have the only backcountry hut system in the Tetons and offer do-it-yourself yurt rentals to experienced parties who are proficient in route finding, avalanche awareness, first aid, bivouac and evacuation skills.
Yurt Rental Details
(for our mountain yurts)
A “First-day Guide” is required if no one in your group has been to the yurt previously (not applicable for Teton Canyon Yurt rental). The guide will familiarize you with the route, yurt operations, ski terrain, and assessment of current snow and avalanche conditions ($250 fee). Additional guides, services, porters, and equipment are also available.
Our yurts are outfitted with sleeping bunks and pads for eight people: two double bunks and four single bunks. We recommend six people for the most comfortable experience, however the yurt will accommodate eight participants. Group size is maximum 8 participants
A wood stove provides warmth (firewood provided) and stainless steel boxes are used for melting snow for water on the wood stove. The kitchen is complete with a two burner propane cookstove (fuel provided), pots and pans, a cast iron Dutch oven, griddles, cups, bowls, plates, cutting boards, and utensils. A filter and cone aid in achieving the coffee buzz. Two propane lanterns provide light, though you should bring headlamps for evening adventures and travel to our private sheltered pit toilet. We provide toilet paper, hand sanitizer, paper towels, bleach, soap, scrubbies, salt and pepper, and coffee filters.
Everyone in your party should be in good health and physical condition. Backcountry skiing is potentially hazardous and by renting our huts you acknowledge these risks and signify that each party member is prepared to endure the rigors of the winter environment.
Scroll down for rates.
2021-2022 Yurt Rental Rates
Our huts are rented by the night. When booking, please let us know how many nights not how many days. The following rental rates are for exclusive yurt use for your group up to eight skiers or riders. Weekend rentals include Friday and Saturday nights and are always rented together as a two-night package.
Rental Rates Winter 2021-2022
Commissary Ridge Yurt: Weekends and holidays
$495/night plus 3% user fee
Commissary Ridge Yurt: Weekdays
$450/night plus 3% user fee
Baldy Knoll and Plummer Canyon Yurts: All days
$550/night plus 3% user fee
• First-day Guide: $250
• Mountain Guide: $795/guide/day for groups of up to four people
• Porter $175/load (up to 45 pounds)
Above rates do not include 3% user fees.
• Sleeping bag (cached at hut) with clean liner: $10/one night or $15/two nights
• Avalanche transceivers: $25/day
• Shovels: $10/day
• Probes: $10/day
Rules & Restrictions
• Everyone is required to read and sign our Acknowledgement of Risk Form. Download Form (PDF)
• Weekends are always sold as a two-night package.
• Trip leader must bring proof of Level 1 Avalanche Education completion.
• Unguided trips provide their own food, drink, first aid and repair kits, maps, climbing skins, sleeping bags, and avalanche safety equipment including transceivers, shovels, and probe. Sleeping bags and avalanche safety equipment can be rented from TBG with advanced notice.
• Make sure all member in your party are familiar with the “Yurty Things to Do.”
• Please carpool — parking is limited at the trailheads.
• Please no dogs at the yurts due to sanitary reasons.
• Check-in is after 11 am.
• Make sure that you read the check-out sheet and complete all tasks before you leave.
• Check-out tasks must be completed and groups packed up by 11 am on the last day.
• Please don’t leave any extra perishable food at the hut when you leave.
• Carry out all of your trash, gear, and trashed gear.
• Skiers need to respect and consider other National Forest users.
Reservations & Cancellations
A deposit of 50% is required to confirm your reservation. If the deposit is not received within two weeks of the date you made your reservation, the reservation will be cancelled. Deposits are non-refundable unless we can re-rent your entire reservation. All cancellations are subject to a $100 re-booking fee.
You are responsible to know the number of nights for which you have rented the yurt. No refunds for early departures, road closures, snow conditions, avalanche hazard, getting lost, or failure to locate the yurt. Cancellations that occur within 30 days of departure date are subject to forfeiture of all monetary transactions.
Note: TBG does not guarantee the weather, snow conditions, or your group’s attendance, but we will strive to make the best of unforeseen situations. We suggest if driving conditions are not favorable, please plan your visit to allow time for road closures or difficult travel.